UPDATE: IgniteRock has now rebranded to Khalifa Media and this site will now be the hub of everything related to my business.
This was always going to be a tricky thing to do – what to write in The First Post?
The way I see it, there are two ways of doing it:
- You can hit the ground running and write an article which will help you with your business and your site. For example, what to look out for when using other sites’ images (hey, that’s a possible blog post in the future).
- The other way is to introduce myself to you and get to know you first instead of bombarding you with facts, tips, guides and advice on running your WordPress site.
Let’s put it this way.
If you went to a party and someone you don’t know came up to you and started giving you advice, maybe advice about, I don’t know, your finances.
Would you be receptive to that? From a complete stranger? For the first time?
Or would you prefer that person to have the courtesy to introduce themselves and get to know you first? You know, the old-fashioned back and forth of saying who you are, what you do and get to know each other. If you want, talk about the weather to spice things up (just so you know, it won’t).
And then gradually build the relationship from there.
I prefer the latter.
So in the end, it was a simple enough decision for me to decide on the topic of The First Post.
So allow me to introduce myself – I am Ahmed Khalifa, the founder of IgniteRock. Yep, that’s me above.
I have started this site to help those with WordPress sites who may be in need of help and guidance. It is for the likes of solopreneurs and entrepreneurs who are looking to grow online.
It bugs me when you hear about entrepreneurs who cannot afford to hire an agency or a consultant. You can’t expect freelancers to spend thousands of pounds every month and commit to a long-term contract.
At the same time, they want to focus on using their strengths to run their business while still growing their online presence.
That’s where IgniteRock comes in.
There’s a reason why I called my business IgniteRock. I want to help ignite your business and grow your presence.
At the same time, I want to make sure that I am providing rock-sold stability and support along the way.
Simple as that.
There are various ways of doing this depending on what you want:
- Consultancy – a more strategic and detailed look at growing your site with a long-term plan
- Coaching – ask for advice, guidance and mentoring. Have someone to be accountable to, or to have someone you can bounce ideas off
- Site audit – put together a detailed audit of your site
- Email support – just an email away for some help and support
- Training – one-on-one or group training (online or face-to-face) on areas relating to your site
- Design & development – I won’t necessarily do this myself but I can provide support, recommendations and manage this project for you
And there are many ways to help grow your online business:
- Generate traffic to your site from various sources, from search engines to social media
- Encourage your audience to interact and engage with your brand and website
- Create authority and prove your expertise within the industry
- Analyse your site’s performance while ensuring that you are making the correct decisions when making changes online
- Provide best practice and create tests to determine how to best encourage conversions
I don’t know if you noticed but I did mention WordPress sites several times.
It’s the most popular platform in the world and used by millions of websites. But WordPress has its own challenges. And it doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or an “online guru”, there are unique challenges for anyone.
But don’t worry. That’s where IgniteRock comes in. Another part of the service is to do with running and maintaining your WordPress site. Sometimes, the smallest of factors can affect the performance of your site, like not ensuring you are using the latest updates or having broken links across your site.
For example, large images may be slowing down your site or there may be vulnerabilities because of security loopholes. Or you are accidentally blocking important pages from Google and customers are having difficulty finding you.
And why am I focusing on WordPress? I admit that I’m a bit of a fanboy. It has a huge number of benefits – I might save those for another post.
But at the end of the day, you can create just about any type of site with WordPress for anyone. Whether it’s for business or as a hobby.
- estate agents
- fashion stylists
- sports fanatics
- charity groups
- fitness instructors
Perhaps one day I will write a blog post about why I love WordPress (watch this space).
This site runs on WordPress and so do hundreds of major brands. In fact, I have listed 99 brands that use WordPress). I can’t promise your site will be as big as those brands, but I’ll try my best 🙂
So it’s nice to meet you, and I hope we can keep in touch.
Latest posts by Ahmed Khalifa (see all)
- ‘Tools of Titans’ by Tim Ferris – Book Review [Video] - 26th November 2019
- ‘Atomic Habit’ – Book Review on How to Create Good Habits & Remove Bad Habits - 5th October 2019
- Why is My WordPress Site So Slow & How Can I Fix it? - 1st October 2019