If you are considering starting your own podcast or are already in the middle of your podcast, you’d know that finding the best podcast host is a challenge.
It’s not like you are short of options – there are so many out there. Some more reputable than others.
And after signing up with them, I have had no regrets.
Although newer to the scene compared to other names, Buzzsprout is not really a beginner. It has been around since 2008 and currently hosts over 16,000 podcasts.
So they know what they’re doing.
The Benefits of Using Buzzsprout
There are a lot of them:
- Simple and easy-to-use platform
- Quotes hours instead of gigabytes in their plans
- Free plan where you can upload 2 hours every month (but deleted after 90 days, so it’s a great way to test the service)
- No credit card required when signing up for the free plan
- Very easy to migrate from other host providers (enter the podcast feeds, and Buzzsprout will import them)
- Encourages you to try out the free version first before going on a premium plan
- There is a WordPress plugin to help smooth the process of having the podcast play on your site
- Prompt and helpful customer support
- Quick and easy-to-use embedded player
- Create soundbites to promote snippets of your podcast on social media
- Schedule podcast episode in advance
- Have your own customisable podcast website if you don’t own a website. For example, this one belongs to this site: https://thisweekonlinetoday.buzzsprout.com/ (you can block it from search engines if you wish)
- Get listed on Apple Podcast, Stitcher and other popular directories automatically
- Automatic file optimisation when uploading (using industry best practice 64k mono for spoken podcasts)
The Downside of Using Buzzsprout
As for the downside, well these aren’t really dealbreakers:
- Use their own version of listeners instead of subscribers or number of downloads so you won’t be able to compare with other listeners (not that you should compare yourself to others anyway)
- Limited options to customise embedded player (but it looks good anyway)
- No advertising/commercial marketplace for monetization purposes. You ARE allowed to monetize your podcast, but you won’t have a dedicated platform to handle that for you.
I really should mention their support, as my experience has been excellent. Recently, I sent them a tweet because I thought I couldn’t access their site and my embeds disappeared (it was later found that the problem was from my end).
@buzzsprout Thanks. I just did it now.
— Ahmed Khalifa (@IamAhmedKhalifa) April 14, 2017
Very quickly after the email was sent, John went out of his way to provide different options. It’s nothing groundbreaking, but he still made suggestions to resolve my problem.
It might not be much, but it’s the small things that make a big difference.
I have even had the chance to talk to the Director of Marketing, Alban Brooke, about Buzzsprout, the podcasting industry, advice on starting your podcast and how to grow your audience.
Make sure you check out that podcast episode.
And it’s not just me who has good thing to say about Buzzsprout. Even Pat Flynn himself has good things to say about them.
— Pat Flynn (@PatFlynn) January 26, 2017
— Pat Flynn (@PatFlynn) January 4, 2017
— Pat Flynn (@PatFlynn) March 16, 2016
One of the biggest selling point about Buzzsprout is the free 2-hour hosting per month. This is brilliant if you want to try out podcasting or even want to try out Buzzsprout as a service to see how it works for you.
Using Buzzsprout for your podcasting host is stress-free, very simple to use and a great option for your podcast, be it as a hobby or for business purposes.
So visit Buzzsprout here and start your own podcast for free for 90 days. And if you have signed up or upgraded to a paid plan, you will also receive a $20 Amazon.com gift card from Buzzsprout as a thank you for signing up.
Customers must sign up after clicking on the link above in order to qualify for this promotion. All accounts must remain on a pay plan and be maintained in good standing (paid in full) for 2 consecutive billing cycles before gift cards will be delivered to you.
Latest posts by Ahmed Khalifa (see all)
- ‘The Obstacle is the Way’ Book Review [Video] – How You Could Look at the Obstacles in Your Life - 25th December 2019
- ‘Tools of Titans’ by Tim Ferris – Book Review [Video] - 26th November 2019
- ‘Atomic Habit’ – Book Review on How to Create Good Habits & Remove Bad Habits - 5th October 2019